Last week I posted about our bathroom reno and the few things we had left to do. I mentioned that I would be posting a tutorial on how to paint wall tile, but it turns out it’s SUPER easy.
I read online that the tiles should be roughed up a bit with sand paper, so I tried that. But it barely scratched them…so I tried a palm sander with no luck either. I decided to try painting the tiles as is and it worked! Here is what I did:
- Wash tile with a damp rag to remove any dirt and/or dust.
- Dry thoroughly and tape off areas you don’t want painted such as door frames.
- Using a paint roller apply one coat of paint (I used bathroom safe paint since my tiles are in the bathroom).
- Once the first coat of paint is dry apply another if necessary (since my tiles were so blue I used 3 coats of paint).
- Wait for paint to fully dry and then remove tape from protected areas. Avoid getting the painted tile wet for a few days.
|The first coat of paint went on pretty well, but the old blue colour is still visible.|
|Painting behind the toilet was such a task! I managed though.|