I like to think of myself as a brownie expert…but maybe “snob” is the right word! My perfect brownie is chewy, fudgey (not cake-like), full of flavour, and still sort of soft. Most of the recipes I’ve come across have come close to being perfect but were still missing something. I found the most perfect recipe, tweaked it a bit, and now use it as the base for all my brownies.
Adding pumpkin was a no brainer after I saw a recipe on Pinterest for pumpkin brownies using a brownie boxed mix. For some people this is fine…but not for me! I wanted to make a from scratch brownie with the perfect amount of rich pumpkin flavour. Then this recipe was born. I used my fresh pumpkin butter to create these DEEEElicious brownies that you are sure to love.
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour (I used oat, but you can use white)
- ⅓ cup pumpkin butter (you can use regular canned pumpkin if you want)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a medium sized baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a pot over medium heat, stirring to avoid burning.
- Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the sugars.
- Add the eggs and pumpkin and whisk again.
- Whisk in the flour, then pour into the baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
The pumpkin butter brownies are seriously so good. And I’m not just saying that because I made them:) They are the perfect blend of chocolatey goodness and the spicy flavours of the pumpkin butter. One of the things I like about this recipe is how quick and easy it is! Everything is mixed in one pot using one whisk, so there is very little cleanup, and it is ready to go before the oven preheats!
I’m sure these pumpkin butter brownies would freeze and thaw well, but they never last long enough for me to find out! They are great as a lunch snack, for dessert with some ice cream, and possibly for breakfast…but it’s not like I’ve ever done that!
I hope you will whip up a batch of these goodies!