My husband really likes whiskey. He usually drinks it mixed with Coke, but his new favourite way to drink it is mixed with homemade iced tea. I found a recipe on Pinterest that I used as a starting point but my version is all my own!
- 3-5 cups water
- 2-3 black tea bags (we use Orange Pekoe)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 cup whiskey
- Fill a large pitcher with hot water and place the tea bags in. Add the honey while the water is still hot. Allow the tea to steep while the water cools down.
- Remove tea bags if desired and add lemon and lime juices. Mix well.
- Pour in the whiskey and stir.
- Fill the pitcher with ice and serve.
I’ll be honest: I followed the original recipe fairly closely the first time I made this. Then I just started making it however I wanted. I don’t even measure anymore but use David’s discerning palate to determine measurements. After I make the tea, he tastes it and tells me if it needs more of something. If you don’t want a super sweet tea feel free to use less or no honey. Or if you have white sugar on hand, use that instead. I won’t judge! You could also try this with a different tea, but we used Orange Pekoe because that is what we had.